All is not right with the world folks and other pathetic musings

Things aren't going so well.

Things aren't working very well.

I am not feeling very well.

Everything I touch breaks.

I have been having difficulty with our internet service, to say the very least.  I corrected the issue (temporarily) , but my laptop won't connect to the internet now.   No big deal, I only need it to work. ☺  Nothing I try remedies the situation.  Everything I have tried to circumvent the issue, well, those attempts have failed as well.  Hmm.

I drop everything I touch.  And it breaks.  And lately, not only does the thing I dropped break, it hits something on the way down and that breaks as well.  I have always had this issue.  I can't keep drinking or wine glasses in tact.  It's just who I am.  I pulled an item out of the cupboard, it brought a glass bowl with it, which crashed and broke and hit the handle of a pitcher on my counter and the handle broke off.  Second time in two days.  My talents are expanding. 

I was out this morning, in a snow storm, putting air in my tires because the car told me they were low.  I am wearing my daughters hand-me-down boots that stopped being warm two winters ago and am in my dress pants and worn-thin winter coat.  My hands are cold and dirty from the air hose and I wonder how I got here. 

I don't feel well.  My daughter and I both had the stomach bug, passed through many members of my family by my poor niece.  It's fine.  Anyway, I can't get back on track.  I don't eat, I am nauseated all the time, I don't sleep and I feel like hell.  My head hurts constantly, my ear aches and I feel light-headed and dizzy a lot.  Perfect.  There's more, but you probably don't want to know. 

It's cold.  Really cold.  All the time and I can't get warm any more.  Not enough hot tea, heavy socks, layers of clothes, blankets, hats, mittens in the world to get me warm it seems.  Yeah, I know. It's winter.

All is not right with the world folks.  I am rarely lonely.  About two days out of 365 days of the year can I say I feel lonely.  Lately, well let's just say I'm lonely.  Lost.  Alone.  Pity party, party of one, your table is now ready. 

I am listening to Sam Smith on a loop.  It's either helping or hurting.  I am not sure which. 

This ray of sunshine has been brought to you by....I don't know, can't think of anything witty right now.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wait for a man who....and other unfathomable twists of fate

Things don't suck...and other lies I tell myself

You never know what you've got....until it's found.....and other hard to imagine moments