What's it to you? and other musings....episode 1




I am a ranter.  I am a raver.  I am a procrastinator.  No really....I am.  

I always have a lot on my mind.  I don't sleep a lot though I frequently need to rest my eyes sometimes just to give the brain a break.  I don't always have super deep thoughts - many times, they are just random and meaningless to most, but for some reason, they seem important enough to keep me awake.  

I have an opinion about nearly everything and to the chagrin of those around me, I usually share it.  In an effort to give the folks around me a bit of a break, I figure, I will tell the blog a little more and subject them to a little less of me, my opinion, my ranting and raving.  


Okay, so one of the things I despise the most is judgement.  People judge those around me for absolutely everything these days....even before they have the facts.  I really love The Walking Dead.  I watch and watch, and watch the episodes again; I read about the cast, crew, plots, blogs, articles, etc.  I look forward to Sunday nights and I have a great fascination with Daryl Dixon.  

If you aren't familiar with Daryl, he is the super-loyal, heart on his sleeve, "never had nothing", rough and tumble you can count on him, bow and arrow firing, motorcycle riding, red-neck of the show.  He is played by the very good looking actor, Norman Reedus, who aside from being amazing to look at, is a terrific actor.  




Life is hard folks and losing myself in The Walking Dead and Daryl on a Sunday night helps me get through the week.  I hope many of you, upon reading that statement, said something to the effect of...good for you, I can relate, or we all have our thing.  

This brings me to my first rant...or maybe it's a rave...not sure yet.  Anyway, Facebook posts have been frequent the last few days, about TWD and the fact that the series resumes on Valentine's Day.  I am excited, just to say the least.  An article was posted about Emotional Moments on the Walking Dead...I tried to find the link to it, but alas, I couldn't.  Anyway, I took a look at the comments on the article only to find unkind judgements - which, to paraphrase - included the indication that those of us who have a fanaticism to TWD are "losers" who should "get a hobby" or do something other than "watch tv all the time".  There were quips about how ridiculous it is for people to be in love with a show about zombies and they got worse and worse.  

Suddenly, I went from extremely excited to ...well....judged and a little...sad.  




Then, I got a little mad...and then a little irritated....and then just plain shook my head.  Here's the deal...."What's it to you?".  What is it to you what I read, what I wear, how I style my hair, how I parent my daughter, what kind of job I have or car I drive, or what I watch on TV?  What difference could that possibly make to anyone in this world?  Who are you to judge how I spend my time...my Sunday evening....what my guilty pleasure is? Many people love to spend hours on the weekend, and Monday and Thursday (is football still on Thursday nights?) watching football and/or other sports, watching British comedy, watching PBS, reality TV...Survivor, The Bachelor, etc..., Dr. Phil, HGTV, Nascar and the like.  



Folks watch TV shows, movies, YouTube and the like...and maybe content I would never dream of watching ...and yet, I don't feel the need to call them losers.  We are all walking the same road, folks.  We all have to get through life, and it's not easy.  If, a little guilty pleasure -whatever shape that happens to take - gets you through Monday morning, or Wednesday afternoon, or that monotonous meeting at work, or that super long day of mundane tasks, etc.  God bless you.  Keep moving forward.  And inevitably, if someone has an issue with that, ask them, "What's it to you?".  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wait for a man who....and other unfathomable twists of fate

Things don't suck...and other lies I tell myself

You never know what you've got....until it's found.....and other hard to imagine moments