I've Got This and Other Inspirational Messages


In case you don't know this about me, I am a believer. I am a Christian.  I have no doubts about God and eternity and I have seen and felt him at work in my life at many times, There have been many times when it was impossible to ignore what was happening and I have shared some of those stories and will continue to share them.  God has been there during the worst times in my life.

In addition, I am a devoted mother.  Please notice, I didn't say the best mother or a perfect mother, because there's just no such thing and if there were, I certainly wouldn't qualify.  But I am dedicated.  I put my daughter first in my life and have always done so. 

She went through a major medical crisis starting in December, and really even before that.  That crisis meant a loss of her independence.  She wasn't able to do the things a "normal' teenager could do for awhile.  Just a note, I hate the word "normal" but wanted to get my point across.  As a friend recently told me, "normal" is just a setting on a washer and dryer.  (Thanks, Jason 💙)

Due to this illness, we have been together more than usual and apart much less than usual and yeah, I have been worrying about her.  Just. A. Little. Bit.  Okay, a lotta bit.  Sigh.  Okay.
So when the opportunity presented itself for her to spend a few days with her great aunt and uncle at their lake home, I knew it was the perfect opportunity at the right time and she would have a great time.  But....there's always that but, isn't there.  That meant she would be gone, gone from home, gone from my care, and gone from my watch.  And that scares me. 

I don't know about you, but God seems to have a way of making sure I hear the thing I need to hear, see the thing I need to hear, read the thing I need to hear, when I need to hear it.  Many is the day I am worrying or thinking about a certain issue only to have my devotional of the day or my study of the day bring me the message I need to have.  Now, I know, some of you are skeptical and are going to say it's just a coincidence.  And that's okay.  You do you. I'm here, and I'm going to do me.  And I am okay with that.  This has simply happened too many times in my life, in combination with other signs to leave me with any doubt.

So, I guess I should be surprised when I tune to Joel Osteen's Sunday morning sermon, conveniently broadcast on the Lifetime channel, and a story he tells sticks me right in the stomach and brings out the sobbing.  He tells the story of how his wife was worrying about their son going off to college.  He had always been home schooled and was now going to a large university and she was worried about him meeting people and so forth.  Enter another protective mother.  I feel you Victoria Osteen.  I feel you. So their son, Jonathan, is in an orientation session while Victoria was in an orientation session for parents.  She starts speaking with another mother, Charlie's mother, about how she worries and hopes Jonathan will meet someone, so he will know someone.  For those of you who aren't one of us weird, fretting parents, you probably don't get this kind of worry - the worry that your child is lonesome or unhappy, or what not, and that you are not there to provide.  Keeps me up at night sometimes.  But anyway, back to the Osteens.  So, Victoria texts Jonathan and tells him to look for a guy in his department/session whose name is Charlie.  There are only hundreds of students in these sessions, but lo and behold, Jonathan and Charlie happen to be sitting next to each other at the next session, introduce themselves (Charlie's mom sent her son the same text, indicating he should look for Jonathan) and they become friends.  His point?  Joel's that is.  God is watching over our kids even when we can't be.  I've got this was the basic theme of his sermon.  Yeah, I burst into tears knowing that God is watching out for my girl, even though I can't be with her at this moment. 

Maybe this isn't a huge revelation to some of you.  That's okay.  It isn't as though my daughter is in a third world country or anything.  She is with family, two capable, loving people who I have no doubt can and will manage any crisis that might present itself and who would offer my child anything she needed at any moment.  So she is well cared for, safe, and no doubt having the time of her life.  But then there's me. I am fretting, because she's my responsibility and I have taken that responsibility seriously.  Not to mention how much I happen to love the girl.  Shaking my head just thinking about it, because there is just no way to describe the love.  I want her to be safe and happy. 




And knowing what is in my heart, I believe God reached out to remind me that He is in control, He is looking after my girl and He has got this.  It's a simple idea, but it meant so much at just the right time. 

So has this ever happened to any of you?  Have you felt God's love, presence, wisdom, comfort, just when you needed it most?  I would love to hear about it.  Let me know. 💛☺

And just like that, I have a video call coming in from my girl!  Gotta go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wait for a man who....and other unfathomable twists of fate

Things don't suck...and other lies I tell myself

You never know what you've got....until it's found.....and other hard to imagine moments