What I have and other futile attempts at comfort

So what do I have? 

I have a pair of broken in jeans; baggy, well-worn, comfortable jeans.  I know we all have them, right?  It's so silly, because when my house burned down, one of the things I missed the most was those comfortable, broken in comfort clothes.  You can't replace those, no matter what people try to tell you.  I don't really need to tell you more, do I?


Wine, oh yes, I have wine.  Chardonnay, where have you been all my life?  Honestly, it was never my favorite until two friends persuaded me to give it a chance.  The rest is history.  Need I say more?


Pictures, two to be exact.  One of them I carry around in the pocket of my pants....especially those baggy, well-worn jeans.  And sometimes, I put that picture really close to my heart, especially when I'm in bed.  I guess I don't want to talk more about that right now. 




A prayer, written out on two sides.  This is also well-worn and has been folded and unfolded and carried around so many times.  I say it a lot, the prayer.  I have it committed to memory but sometimes, I still look at it and read it instead of just saying it.  The prayer is not for me.  It's for someone I love very much, someone who needs the prayer.  That's all I'm prepared to tell you about that one right now. 

Music.  I always have music.  I have a playlist for just about everything.  I have been listening to the current playlist constantly.  Constantly.  Going to sleep at night.  Cleaning.  It's called Broken.  I guess there isn't much more I need to say about that one. 



Faith.  I have faith that there is a lesson in everything.  There is a lesson in this.  I don't know what it is yet.  I don't want to deal with this lesson or any of that.  I keep praying though.  I keep having faith. You either get this or you don't.  I can't really explain this to you so I just won't. 



Messages and photos and texts.  I keep looking at them, reading them, re-reading them, reading in to them.  Questioning.  I always question everything.  More to say?  Yeah, a lot.  But not right now, I guess.









I have more, but I'm tired. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wait for a man who....and other unfathomable twists of fate

Things don't suck...and other lies I tell myself

You never know what you've got....until it's found.....and other hard to imagine moments